Tuesday, July 20, 2010

moon walking



Today was the big day, I turned 40!  It is also the 41st anniversary of Neil Armstrong walking on the moon.  So it is historically a magical day.  I have had a great birthday with free lunch, cocktails, kid's baseball, family dinner, and 44 nephew hugs (the younger one gave me one for each year with no breaks and the older one, who is almost too cool for hugs gave me one for each decade).  The power of face book does amaze me and while I probably lost out on some cards in the mail, I felt the love from all corners of the world and so many walks of my life so far - from family, elementary school, high school, collage, peace corps, old co-workers, new co-workers, grad school.  A cheery cross section of the life I've lived so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment