Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23: Have you ever heard a bassoon solo?

Tonight I went to a concert of Music of the Baroque at the First United Methodist Church in Evanston, IL. It was a wonderful way to spend a Sunday evening. A highlight was Mozart's Concerto for the basson in B-flat Major, K. 191. I had never heard a basson solo before and I found the range and depth of sound really fabulous. I am by no means qualified to be a reviewer of music, it feels like I'm possibly using inappropriate vocabulary even in these few lines. Nonetheless, the sounds were new, the setting was also new and I enjoyed it.

I was a bit shy taking a picture during the performance but luckily, all kinds of media can be found online. You can even hear parts of the concert from the group's website.

http://www.baroque.org/seasons/2010-2011/haydn-symphonies-mozart-concertos/

First United Methodist Church in Evanston


Bill Buchman: Bassoonist

No comments:

Post a Comment