Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 9: Hearty Vegetable Stew

This weekend’s recipe was a variation of Hearty Vegetable stew. While I didn’t have and there didn’t use all of the ingredients, it did help me empty my fridge of leftover fresh vegetables from last week’s cooking frenzy. I used a hand blender to pulverize more than half of the soup, which thicken it up considerably but didn’t result in a very appetizing looking meal. I’ll have to try this recipe again to see if the missing ingredients including carrot juice and eggplant have a significant effect on the visual appeal and taste of this dish.



For several weeks now, I have been making at least one big pot of soup on Sunday and then freezing several containers of it. This has given me a nice array of ready, homemade health meals on hand that I can eat each week. Today for the first time, I actually labeled what I put into the freezer so that I can keep track of what is there and how long it has been frozen waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment