Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30: New Food

It's Sunday and I had a lot of studying to do which means I cooked a few meals for the week. I tried two more new recipes from the Eat For Health book.
First I made a "Fast Black bean Soup" that has frozen veggies in it and is garnished with avocado and green onion.

The second dish was "Spaghetti Squash Primavera" with an assortment of fresh veggies. The secret ingredient to that dish was a fair amount of thyme that made it surprisingly fragrant. I thought I'd made spaghetti squash at some point in the past but it must have been my mom who has made it because I realized I've never cooked it before.




I tasted both tonight and liked the black bean soup much more that the squash primavera. There may be improvements to that recipe that I can try in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment